5 Ways to Prepare for a Day of Fishing
There’s no denying that a day spent fishing on the water is a day well spent if you’ve prepared in advance! There is nothing worse than ruining a day of fishing or a day out on the water because you’ve forgotten something important.
With hands-free steering, protected recessed in-hull motors, and 360-degree comfort seating, the Twin Troller X10 makes a day out on the water a great experience.
We’ll cover five essentials you need to consider before heading out for a day of fishing.
- Boat Preparation – The first thing you’ll need to do is get your boat ready for a day out on the water. Even with small-water boats like the Twin Troller X10, it pays to do a quick walk around the night before to ensure you have everything in the boat, it’s hooked up or ready to hook up and ready to hit the water. Luckily, the quick-lift dolly on the Twin Troller X10 makes launching from anywhere a breeze.
- Fishing Tackle – You don’t need a lot of fishing tackle or multiple rods if you have the right gear and rods for the fish species you’re targeting. However, having a spare rod on board is always a good idea! Rod holder trays on the Twin Troller X10 can comfortably hold fishing rods up to 7 and 1/2 feet long. Ensure you have the correct tackle and weight line, and you’ll do well!
- Food, Water, First Aid Kit, & Phone/Radio – Whether you’re hitting the water for an hour or a full day, always take plenty of drinking water and something to eat. You never know how long you’ll be out on the water, and being in the sun all day can dehydrate you much faster than expected. Be sure to have a first aid kit on board for emergencies and your phone or radio nearby to call for assistance if needed.
- Weather & Tides – It’s always smart to check the weather forecast the day before hitting the water, but a final check before you leave the ramp is always especially important, so you don’t get caught unaware. If you plan on fishing somewhere with a lot of tidal fluctuation, you don’t need to worry as the lightweight design and shallow 8” draft on the Twin Troller X10 keep you steady on the water all day long!
- Where & When – While we all have our favorite secret or hot fishing spots, it’s important to always let someone know your whereabouts in case of emergency. Inform someone close to you so they know when and where you’re going and when you’re expected to be back.
Learn why the Twin Troller X10 is the best small fishing boat for a day out on the water!